Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School Days

Here is a cute picture of Johanna on the first day of school. She was a little nervous to be in the 10th grade at the high school and sad to learn that she didn't have any friends in any of her classes. Aldus doesn't really have any friends in his 5th grade class either, but he does know and like his teacher. Payson is now at the top of his school, 4th grade, the highest grade in his school. Kohl was excited to learn that he has a good friend in his 1st grade class. As for me I am glad Johanna doesn't have any friends in her classes, that should keep her from getting in trouble for talking for at least a week. I am always excited and a little sad on the first day of school. I am eager for my kids to have new experiences, but I really don't like the feeling of checking off another year of my life. Maybe I will age slower once all my kiddos have graduated.


The boysClowning in the tree in the front yard and the whole gang. Finn was really excited to have me to himself today, I thought he would miss everyone, maybe tomorrow.




4 comments:

Helena said...

That's a great picture of Johanna!

Melissa P said...

Cute pictures!! They are all growing up so fast!

Kristen said...

Sara, your family is growing up so fast. It's fun to see pictures of them once in awhile...what do you mean morning sickness?!?!?! Are you expecting? If so CONGRATS.
I love all the books you have read. Most of those were in my summer's reading pile as well.

Laura Call said...

These are such great pictures of your kids! And I just LOVE that picture of Johanna!

It has really made all the difference for Ethan having Kohl in class with him. I think it's really helping him feel comfortable there starting off with a buddy. He says they play together every day at recess.