Friday, September 19, 2008

Hubby Tag




My friend Laura tagged me with this Husband Tag so here goes. Sorry I have been a slacker on my blog. I will post more soon. Here is a picture of us in Victoria a few years ago.


What is his name? Norman Barry Simmons (I know Norman, weird)
How long have you been married? Just about twelve years.
How long did you date? That depends on whether you count the mission. He already had his mission call when we started dating. He left about 2 months later for his mission. I dated while he was gone, but never found anyone I liked better. We got married about two months after he got home. So I guess about 4 months. I was actually dating someone when he got home. I went to see him the day he came home and he came out in the yard when I drove up to say hello and he gave me a hug. That is when we both knew for sure we found the one.
How old is he? That would be 33, he is about six months younger than me.
Who eats more sweets? Clearly that would be Barry his family has an unquenchable sweet tooth. I tend to indulge with more savory foods that I enjoy.
Who said I love you first? Barry although I couldn't tell you when or where. I will have to check my journal.
Who is taller? Barry he is around 5'10" and I try to say I am 5"7"
Who can sing better? For sure Barry, I try to not be heard singing although I do enjoy it.
Who does the laundry? Laundry, who does laundry? Johanna does all the laundry around our house that is her chore, which she does quite well usually. Aldus does all the dishes. Having teenagers does have some advantages.
Who pays the bills? That stressful job goes to me. Barry really prefers to not have to worry about such things. One of these days I am going to not have time though and he will have to take over.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me again we keep trying to switch but I always want to be on the side closest to the bathroom. (I have been pregnant a lot)
Who mows the lawn? Usually Barry, sometimes Aldus. I actually like mowing the lawn. My mom says that you should never do jobs around the house that your husband does or it will be your job forever. So I never touch the lawn.
Who cooks dinner? I usually cook dinner although Barry is a good cook, and he cooks some great meals once in while.
Who drives? Barry, I refuse to drive with a co-pilot.
Who is more stubborn? This is a good question. Barry and I both come from a long line of stubborn people. This was really fun in the beginning, but now we kinda have certain things that we both are stubborn about, and we let everything else go. I think our kids are way more stubborn than us and Finn especially is wearing me down. I hope this next baby is mellow.
Who kissed who first? Barry kissed me of course, I certainly encouraged him though.
Who asked who out first? Barry asked me out. I dated his friend first and he picked me up for my first date with his friend. He was coming home from Olympia and they both lived on the Gig Harbor side of the bridge. It didn't take me or his friend long to figure out I liked Barry more.
Who proposed? Barry, in his parents garage, which doubled as his bedroom and the boys music room. Three days after he got home from his mission he looked over at me and asked if I wanted to be his forever wife, we got married seven weeks later.
Who has more siblings? Does anyone have more siblings than me? I have 4 sisters and 6 brothers. Barry is the middle of 5 boys.
Who wears the pants? I would have to say Barry, although he might disagree.
I tag:
Bronwyn
Ida
Samara

4 comments:

Laura Call said...

This was super entertaining to read... thanks for playing along! It was fun to hear some of the little details about your life together. You guys are a great couple!!

mycattripoli said...

this was a great post- you two really are a wonderful couple who have shared your friendship w/ us- we love all of you!

Anonymous said...

that was so fun to read! Did you say you're having another baby?? I love the pic - we really need to go, its so beautiful in pictures ;)

mycattripoli said...

me want new post please...i mean i know your not busy or anything...