Thursday, January 14, 2010

My obsession with bargains. or $16.53

Sixteen dollars and fifty-three cents, or $16.53 that is what I paid for this loot from my shopping adventures a few days ago. Let me just list everything since you can't see it very well in this cell phone picture.

20 Yoplait yogurts
10 Lbs Potatoes
2 boxes Betty Crocker fruit snacks
4 Green Giant frozen brocolli bags
6 boxes of CFL light bulbs (three bulbs per box)
1 box finish dishwasher detergent
4 Hunts tomato sauce 8oz
6 jars La Victoria Salsa
5 Healthy Choice frozen dinners
2 Gallons Organic Valley whole milk
1 Can pineapple
1 Bag Tortilla Chips

For all this I paid just $16.53 with coupons and sales. This was a savings of $105.62, not to shabby. My kids have taken to saying things like "we can't buy that we don't have a coupon". Here's a recent conversation I had with Payson; Me...do you want to go to the store with me? Payson...where are we going? Me... Albertsons. Payson...But,..I see that you have a lot more coupons than that? (said with a giggle) I admit this is a somewhat of an obsession with me, but it makes me feel good to know that I am making the most of what Heavenly Father has blessed us with. I added a few links on my blog to some money saving blogs that I follow to get ideas. Have fun chasing bargains!

No comments: